Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Starting a New Year

This holiday season has been especially meaningful, taking time to spend with my family and friends, and even some time for myself. My bff Gail and her husband Leon/ my wood man came down for several days of fun visiting and recharging that close friendship provide. Then I was off to Charlotte and Salisbury for Christmas with both sides of our family. Each year I grow more thankful for time with my family and appreciate them more. This year again my presents for family came from my paintings.

I finished the portraits of my grand nieces so that I could give them to the girls parents who were "wowed" and especially appreciative of the portraits that I had painted from photos that my husband, Rick had taken.


I also finished my Father's portrait which I gave to him and my sister.
His big grin was plenty thanks and my sister is looking forward to hanging the portrait at her house after Daddy is finished showing it to his friends.

Both of my nephew's wives are pregnant and due in Feb and March, so painting for them centered around the new baby's rooms.

Giving paintings that I have created is so much fun. I hope they don't get tired of my paintings any time soon.

And now I am back to working of our upcoming projects for Jan. at the studio and having lots of fun painting. Liz