Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summers End ArtFling

Save the dates!
More Information.  We'll have registration and more photos soon.

I've finished my painting of the wetland turtles. This project has not been taught anywhere else (especially since I just finished it) and I'm saving it for you to paint with me in August. My husband and I took a trip earlier this spring to the wetland area of NC and I love the beauty of this location. I decided that I wanted to share it with you. The sunning turtles were at the Asheboro zoo and just too comical. I had to paint them and thought they made a nice complement to the wetlands.  Hope you like it. 

You've been saying that you wished you could come paint with me and here is your chance to join not just me but Gail Schmidt, of Shabby Cottage Studio and Creative Workshops ,a wonderful mixed media artist and my best friend. Gail is excellent with design and experimentation with terrific outcome. She inspires me at all times. 

We'll have 3 whole days of mixed media, painting, and laughter.  Gail will inspire you with her paper painting and mixed media techniques as you create a awesome personal journal.  In addition to the Sunning Turtles I'll guide you through crafting the Butterfly Greeting cards using Gail's terrific digitally designed papers, acrylic painted butterflies, and a good dose of creativity.

Save the dates and plan to register soon. I should have the registration information up by next week. Yeah!