Friday, October 5, 2007

A Little Green Witch For Halloween

Lot of exciting events are coming up in October.

The NC State Fair starts Oct 12, next Friday. Rick and I enjoy attending the fair to see all the wonderful exhibits, especially the decorative painting in the Craft and Hobbies building. We have such great talent in the area that it is always exciting to see what has been submitted. Be sure to go by to check us out and see my witch. You'll have to look carefully for her, she's small. Rick and I will be sampling the food and taking in the sights. The Heart of Carolina Tolers sponsors Best in Show for the professional and nonprofessional decorative painters . Artful Endeavors sponsors Best in Show for the kids. Love to encourage those young painters out there.

Another great October event is my vacation! We'll be off to the mountains on Oct 14 for a week where we hope to see a few fall colors. I don't know just yet whether to pack tank tops and shorts or jeans and long sleeves.

Then Halloween is approaching. We're trying to have a class for painting my little "greene" witch on Oct 26 if the wood cutouts get here in time. I love painting Halloween designs.

Oct is also Lynn's birthday! Happy Birthday Lynn! You're older than me again for a few months.