Monday, October 8, 2007

Margot Clark Seminar





I've just finished a fun week end painting with Margot Clark with the City of Oaks Decorative Artists. I've admired Margot's paintings and wanted to paint with her for a long time. She is a wealth of information and very willing to share her knowledge. She can do amazing things with one brush, her miracle brush.
The painting on black was a very different style for me. We used her miracle brush for most everything in this painting. By the end of the day I felt like I was catching on and ended up liking my painting. Anything new is a challenge at first, but with practice can be accomplished. The pansy painting used sideloading and floating color on top of a brown toned shaded painting. A great technique.
Margot also shared ideas about using the Magic Metallics with me, so watch out for more designs using these real metal paints.
Also appropriate to October, breast cancer awareness month, Margot is a two time breast cancer survivor and had lots of stories and encouragements to share.
Thanks to CODA for sponsoring Margot. Next month I'll teach a portion of the Winter Chickadees, a Janet Moreland design, at the regular CODA meeting.