Saturday, January 26, 2008

Adding New Classes


We've added a couple of classes to our schedule at Artful Endeavors.

I noticed some of my students taking notes on any scrap of paper they can find in their purse, so I decided that we need to paint a sketch/note book for their class notes. And we needed this note book to be some special.

I have acquired a selection of papers from my friend Gail Schmidt, a wonderful mixed media artist and digital paper designer, who has such beautiful, quality papers that she sells on her web site, www.shabbycottagestudio.com. These papers were the inspiration for my notebook design. Creating with the papers was so much fun, deciding what combinations of papers and colors I wanted to use,embellishing, and then adding a graceful daisy with paint, our special touch.

I teach the Mixed Media Notebook on Friday, Feb 22, 10am - 3p.

Also I've had interest in another Leaf Study class. Most of my students take this class at least 0nce. It's where we break down brush technique, side loading, brush care, as well as techniques for painting paint realistic leaves. Consider it decorative painting basics 202. There's so much good information in this class!

Leaf Study will be Saturday, March 29, 9a - 4p.


Register now!