Thursday, June 26, 2008

Society of Decorative Painting Convention

Come into the studio to see all the fun products, packets, and paints that I brought back from convention. We had a great time and came back with lots of inspiration. It was wonderful to see everyone that I only get to see at convention.

I talked with Ros Stallcup, Ronnie Bringle, Ginger Edwards, Trudy Beard, Peggy Harris, Gretchen Cagle, Andy Jones, Doxie Keller, Rebecca Baer, and many more inspiring artists.

Mary and I took some interesting classes at convention. We enjoyed painting a couple of cute and fluffy ducklings with Lydia Steeves who is a delightful person and excellent teacher and artist. We’ve painted her designs before and I wanted to experience her teaching. I was not disappointed.

We painted a fun oil landscape with Cheri Rol, a beautiful painter, great teacher, and nice person. And attended an audit with Trudy Beard, awesome, and Bobbi Takashima, wonderful artist. I brought back more of Trudy’s wonderful packets for us to paint.

We were able to experience more painting with the Jansen Traditions Global Blending. Wonderful paints. And I enjoyed meeting and painting with Sue Pruitt, Traditions Artist.

DecoArt has some wonderful new texture products that we’ll be using in upcoming designs. We saw outstanding crackle texture, that’s one step to crackle, a terra cotta texture, a glass texture, and Fierro texture which makes a great sparkly wrought iron. I can’t wait to do some designing with these new products. DecoArt has also developed new improved enamel paint for glass painting. Check out the DecoArt web site for more product information.

Mary and I enjoyed the week together and we’re still friends. We’re looking forward to our next excursion. Wonder what that will be.

Liz