Monday, March 22, 2010

Daisy Journal

Did you see my latest published project in Quick and Easy Painting? It's the Daisy Journal.

After watching my students take painting notes on scrap paper and check deposit slips, I decided that we needed to paint a journal for class notes and painting ideas. I found a spiral journal that was just the right size and when I looked around for inspiration, my eye fell on some of Gail's wonderful digitally designed papers from Shabby Cottage Studio.

When the whole sheet of paper didn't fit the way I wanted it to without losing the wonderful scroll design, I decided to cut it in half and piece the cover with a contrasting blue, and loved it. Then I did some research through my/Rick's photos and found just the daisy to complement the papers. It was so much fun putting the design together and using different papers to cover the outside and inside of my journal. Now it's ready for notes.