Friday, September 30, 2011

It's a beautiful fall day here in Raleigh and I'm at the studio trying to decide what to start first for the day. Outside our windows I can see sunshine on the trees which are just starting to display some of their potential for a colorful season. Inside the tables are cluttered with remnants of our busy week of painting. 


The month of October here at the studio promises to be lively with paintings for autumn, Halloween, Christmas, ornaments, and our current favorite, landscapes; we're starting new students in the Raleigh evening classes;  our Cary classes move to a new location, Chambers Arts, beginning  next week; and I have a vacation at the end of the month. Time for another of Rick and my inspirational, photo taking, time away from our usual routine, vacations. The"boss" said I could have a week off and Carol will be teaching on Wed morning, a beautiful white poinsettia ornament with some of DecoArt's texture glass for embellishment. The State Fair is happening and I'm looking forward to seeing our extensive decorative painting display in the Crafts and Hobbies building. It's always the highlight of the fair for Rick and I and the first place we go once we arrive.  Also, I'm taking a watercolor class from Lynda Chambers that should be lots of fun as well as educational. I hope to have more fun watercolor techniques to share.
The Decorative Painter wants my latest original painting for the first issue of 2012. I'm not going to post the photo, so you must come by the studio soon to see the painting before I ship it off to Wichita.  It's a landscape, still life, animal, nature scene. Curious?
I'm adding our newest class selections to the schedule. The students have chosen some tantalizing new designs, different than our past undertakings.  Be sure to check the class schedule

I have my watercolor Open Rose on the Sat workshop schedule for Oct 29th (this is a change from the first date that I posted so be sure to check your schedule).
This is the rose that you have been asking for.  Be sure to register soon so that I can plan and have everything ready for you. 

Lynn was here yesterday painting with us and it was so good to see her. She plans to come for more painting soon.
If you've been wondering what Nicki has been creating recently, you can see her latest art work in pastels on her blog.


Enjoy the cool fall weekend and I'll see you at the studio soon.