Monday, September 5, 2011

What a busy couple of weeks! And I can't just sit down and say what I have been doing. Does that happen to you?

I did paint a colorful fall scene last week that I'm loving. It's making me think of that fall nip in the air and that feeling of excitement. This class starts this month on Wed mornings. There's still time to join us.

Oh yes, Betsey and I went to Litchford nursing home again where I demonstrated the queen anne's lace painting. The residents seem to enjoy our visits and it's nice to feel like I am supporting our older citizens. Betsey has been a big help in involving the residents and keeping the activity moving. Our group is getting larger each week. I think the bingo game following us may have something to do with that. If you'd like to go with us any time please let me know. I'm trying to schedule a visit each month.

The NC State Fair is coming up soon! Have you chosen your paintings to enter yet? You can help the studio out by entering. We need to get the word out there that we have some exciting, beautiful painting happening at the studio. There are thousands of people passing through the Crafts and Hobbies building during the week that we can impress and possibly interest in painting with us. I want this to be the largest decorative painting exhibit yet so that they have to make more room for us (and hopefully build us a new building).  This is a terrific advertizing opportunity and I appreciate you help.
Artful Endeavors sponsors the children's categories so encourage your young painters to enter also.

We have some excellent classes and workshops starting this month, including our Potting Shed weekend workshop, 9/17 and 18; our Deal Saver class on 9/24, if you purchased the deal from the N and O; the one day class, Frost on the Pumpkins on 9/29, 10a-12:30p; as well as Santa and the Reindeer, Ros’ Apples and Lemons, Halloween Couple (Cary), and Autumn Reflections. These painting just evoke a feeling of a nip in the air and a warm, comfy sweater. Fall Schedule!

Ros’ new  book is at the studio and it’s full of our favorite designs. Purchase your copy now.

Our seminar with Kathie George is coming up very soon. I have prep from Kathie and will be sending it out this month. So start getting excited!  There are still a few seats on Mon for the batik and on Wed for the Tjap workshop. Reserve your seat now.


If you purchase our deal saver from the N&O you will find dates from which to choose on this page.  Just scroll down for dates.  Plan ahead and schedule your class. We need at least 4 painters to hold the class, otherwise we will reschedule to get everyone in a class. Hope to see you soon for some painting fun. 


Now I remember. Here in NC we've had a hurricane, rain, floods, hail, tornado, and fire. That's what's been happening. I hope all of you have survived the turmoil and are ready to get back to painting. It's suppose to rain most of the week, so it's a good time to come into Artful Endeavors and stay dry while you are painting.