Friday, June 8, 2012

A Few Artful Notes


These weeks seem to fly by and there is so much that I want to paint, see, teach, learn.....

Tomorrow is our CADANC chapter meeting at the studio and Cathy Cox is teaching a watercolor elephant. I'm looking forward to learning more about watercolors with Cathy.  You are welcome to visit our meeting any month and always welcome to join the chapter.

New Classes:  There are so many subjects and techniques that we want to explore and our July classes promise to be inspiring.  Since the 4th of July fall on a Wed this year, we have planned a special workshop for the 6th of July. I have a wonderful packet from Kathie George, Outside Cat, that several of us have wanted to paint. In it Kathie uses fascinating techniques with more texture products. When I get the painting done I'll post a photo. Also in July the morning class on Wed wants to paint my Quilts on the Line design.  I had designed this piece for a quilter friend who requested her favorite quilts. Students will have the opportunity to add their own favorites.  On Wed evenings we will start the first of Dorothy Dent's Seasons Minis. We'll paint on small canvases and begin with the colorful Autumn design. Love this whole series.
Our Cary painters are in the process of designing an orchid design to complement Willow Wolf's Orchids. What fun.  Their next adventure will be my Under the Maple, that was published in Issue 1 of the Decorative Painter this year. It was such an exciting design for me to explore.
We have lots of other exciting ideas so keep checking back.

Workshops:  July and Aug workshops are posted and we're looking forward to some exciting artwork.  You'll find information on the Outside Cat and our Summers End ArtFling.  Registration is open so plan to join Gail Schmidt and me for some excellent art fun and laughter.

Seminars:  We have a few seats left in our seminar with Ros Stallcup in July. The Winter Lake on Thurs and the Garden Gate on Fri are full, but the other days have 2 seats or more available. If you are able to join us register soon so that you don't miss your seat and you have time to prep. I still have some of the surfaces for some of the projects. If you need a wood or metal surface, order by next week to make sure one is available for you.

Students:  I hope you've been keeping up with the student's paintings that I been posting. They have done such excellent work in our classes