Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer News at Artful Endeavors


Artful Endeavors Update
Happy Summer! Today we’ll say goodbye to Spring 2012, hot, wet spring.
 
Summer at least promises to start off hot, a good time to plan some indoor painting. And we have fun painting happening at Artful Endeavors this summer.

I wanted to remind all of you that I will be on vacation June 23-July 1.  I’ll be back for Tue classes on July 3 both at the studio and in Cary. Tue am is your chance to catch up on any painting that you need to finish or need help with.

On Tue evening in Cary we’ll start my design, Under The Maple, that was published in the last issue of the Decorative Painter. There’s still time to join us at Chamber’s Art starting July 3.

Since July 4th lands on Wed this year there will be no classes that day; however, we have a special workshop planned for Fri, July 6th.  We’ve been admiring Kathie George’s Outside Cat mixed media painting since she was here last Nov when some of us purchased the packet from her.  With permission from Kathie, now is the time to paint this terrific design just covered with exciting textures.  We’ll use Golden brand textures recommended by Kathie, that I will provide for the workshop, and watercolor paper. No prep.  You can just enjoy the 4th.  Since we’ll need to let the textures dry during class, we’ll also have some fun creating a card or small work of art with a fun surprise technique. And, have lunch. I have prep ready for you. Please register before I leave for vacation if at all possible so that I can be prepared. I have ordered packets from Kathie and will have a price for they soon.

On July 11, Wed am we’ll begin another of my designs, Quilts.  I designed this with quilts that a friend wanted me to use, but you can use your own favorite quilt patterns. 

Class photos are on the web site as soon as I get them painted.

Wed evening classes will begin a series of Seasons Minis paintings by Dorothy Dent. I completed the Fall painting yesterday and love it. I’m looking forward to painting the rest of the series. The paintings can be done in any size but I am painting 5 x 5”s like Dorothy did.

Please tell your friends that there is another Deal Save coming out in the N&O on June 21, new customers only, that will apply to our 3 hr Art Workshops in July and Aug.  For those of you who have taken advantage of the Deal Saver in the past, you are invited to join us for the classes at the regular class fee.  I’d love to have you back painting with us. 

Yes, we have more 3 hr Art Workshops coming up this summer, a variety of fun designs. No experience is needed but always appreciated. All supplies and surface are included in the $40 fee.  We have day, evening, and Sat classes planned, so you plan to join us for some summer fun.

Speaking of summer fun, plan to join us for our Summer’s End ArtFling with Gail Schmidt and myself teaching a mixture of fun mixed media.  Art with Gail is so much fun and you learn all kinds of exciting techniques. You’ll find photos and lots of information on the web site.  Register Now!

In July I begin my travel teaching for the summer and fall 2012. If you can’t join us at Artful Endeavors, plan to join us at one of my seminars with NC, SC, and Fla chapters.  I’m also teaching my Butterfly Batik for Kathy Miller in Pinehurst on Mon, July 16. If you are interested, please contact Kathy.

Have you chosen your paintings to enter in the NC State Fair this year?  This is a terrific way for us to show our community what wonderful paintings we are creating.  It’s lots of fun to go see all the paintings, too.

Enjoy your vacations as I will and hurry back for more summer painting fun.