Monday, January 10, 2011

Jan Decorative Painting Notes

 Sounds like we may be in for some snowy, rainy, icy weather today and tomorrow.  If we miss any classes this week due to the weather, we will push the class forward a week or make individual plans. Remember to check the web site for updates.

 Advanced Leaf Study is this Sat. If you are interested please contact me immediately. We’ll address all those fun aspects of painting leaves and flowers, such as ripples, folds, torn edges, bug bites, and water drops. We’ll have a short review of basic leaf painting techniques.  Then we’ll talk about varied leaf shapes. Sounds like fun to me!
Class time is 9a-2p. Bring a sandwich for a short lunch break. The weather so far sounds fine and not too cold.

I have prep ready for the Flowered Stairway starting Jan 19th. Please stop by the studio to register and pick up your prep.  If you missed the Tuscan Window, that wonderful Ros Stallcup design, and have already painted the Flowered stairway, see me about painting the window instead.





I’m finishing up the Sails, Flying Cloud sailing ship, for the Wed evening class starting Jan 26 and it’s looking real nice. I’ll have prep ready for you this week.

On Feb 2, we’ll start the Paint Your own Landscape that you requested, so you should be planning your landscape, finding reference photos, and seeing me to plan your prep.  This will be an exciting class and such fun.

For all the classes, please add you name to the interest sheets on the board by the sink, or email me so that I can add your name.  This helps me plan for the classes. And, if interest for any project is no longer there, we can plan a different class.

I talked with Ros Stallcup and we have our July seminar plans made. As soon as I can type them up for you, I’ll have a registration flier and registration will be open.  Save the dates and register early. We have some exciting projects planned.

I have also talked with Ginger Edwards and we have our next seminar with Ginger planned for March 23, 24, and 25, 2012!  I’ll have the project photos posted soon and registration will start this spring.  Start thinking beautiful flowers, Ginger style.

I’ve packed up some painting homework and will head home in a little while to avoid the precipitation.  Stay safe, warm and dry and I’ll see you back in class very soon.