Monday, January 17, 2011

Tidal Offerings

Remember my sea shell and surf? It's been published in the Winter Issue of the Decorative Painter Magazine, the journal of the Society of Decorative Painters..  The did a great job with the article and instructions that I wrote.  If you are not a member of SDP be sure to check out their web site and join today. You'll be supporting our art and subscribing to an excellent magazine.






















Here is a note from one of the SDP members that painted my shells from the DP.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Miller - Thank you for the inspiration in your painting design in the SDP's magazine this winter! I had had this canvas tote "based" (fabric medium applied) for the past 6 months, just waiting for the "perfect" design to inspire me. The sea shells were just the thing to put on it. . . . .  I posted these on my Facebook page yesterday, and one friend remarked how realistic they looked. . . . .your instructions were very clear and easy to follow! Yes, of course you may post on your website - it gives painters other ideas for ways to use the designs!

  thank you again, Barbara R., Panaca, Nevada painter