Monday, January 3, 2011

Painting in 2011

Our holidays are over. We've eaten, traveled, eaten,had wonderful visits, entertained, eaten, given gifts to those we care for, played with the children, eaten, watched the snow, and eaten some more. All of it fun and exhausting. I've had the flu, driven to Salisbury twice for Christmas with my sister, brother-in-law, and father... and New Years'/Christmas with the whole family, gotten snowed in, and gotten behind with my painting and eaten too much. I feel like a slug. But now I'm ready to get back to my usual activities...painting, teaching, dancing, zumba, jewelry making.... Oh yes, I forgot, low carb.

So let's paint! Classes start at the studio this week. We had a fun, full open house yesterday and I got to see and talk to students, prior students, new prospective students, and friends, all full of enthusiasm and wanting to start back painting. I passed out preps and showed "in progress" painting projects that will be our first. Thanks to all the painters that brought in their beautiful paintings for other to see. I'm always so proud of your work and want to show it off to others.

If you missed the open house, I'm at the studio this week and have preps ready for you. Come on by. Remember, classes start this week!
We have some excellent paintings planned and expect to learn lots and have enjoy ourselves.
If you are planning to paint your pet on Wed evenings starting this week, or the landscape on Wed mornings in Feb, you need to bring your photo to show me so that we can figure out your prep. I'm excited about these classes especially. You get to do your own design!

We have a new supply of brushes and paints in at the studio. A good way to use your gift certificates.

Be sure to check the classes page for our schedule and mark your calendars.

I'll have information for you very soon about our seminar with Ros Stallcup. We'll talk this week and plan our paintings. The dates are July17-23 with a day off on the 20th, that's 6 days of fun painting. Registration will open as soon as I get the info out to you.

Time for me to get back to painting our class samples. Which one will I paint on first?......