Sunday, January 9, 2011

More Winter Storm?



The weather reports are calling for more winter storms, especially south of us, but possibly in our area with poor driving conditions. This is a good time to review our inclement weather procedure.

1. If you don't feel safe driving, stay off the road. Most important is for you to be safe. I watch the weather reports to check the road conditions but you have to check your specific area.

2. Check the web site for studio status/closing. In our area we often have varying degrees of ice or snow on the road. Please check the web site to find out whether I'll be at the studio or keep the studio closed.

3. I live in the country on a secondary, or is it tertiary??, road, so may still have icy conditions when the roads in town are drivable. Please check the web site for updates. When I'm at home I don't have access to the email lists and can't contact all of you directly, so I post on the web site as soon as I know what the conditions are.

So, this week do you think we'll have more of that beautiful, white, fluffy stuff that melts and ices the roads in the mornings, or go straight to the cold, wet, icy rain that ices the roads in the mornings?
Check list for the car: blanket, flashlight, book, boots......